I am seeking expressions of interest for Winter Cricket 2021.
This is for U13, U14, U15 age groups. If you were U13 for the 2020-21 summer season, you’re U13 for the 2021 winter season.
U12's are very welcome to 'play up' in U13's which is common. I have opened this up to U11’s this season as I’ve already had several ‘keen as’ players. U11’s, be warned, format is very different.
We hope to nominate more than one team per age group. Teams are partially graded, so the younger U13 kids will be in a B or C team, older ones in A. Different to summer process, but we still try to facilitate requests. Here's the gist.
- 11.30am to 4.35pm, every Saturday
- Starts 1st May, finishes 7th August (plus finals if you make it)
- No training
- Must have your own playing gear (due to Covid-19) - talk to us if an issue.
- Most games played over 2 weeks, probably 2 x 1-dayers
- 70 overs per Saturday. Opportunities for 'centuries' & '5-fors' for the players
- You will sometimes get an Umpire
- A, B, C grade teams, pending numbers.
- There's a Ladder, bonus points, finals series.
- Players from other cricket clubs, can play for Ferny. Happens often.
- Casual players also OK, getting a mate to fill in is OK.
- Season doesn't stop for school holidays
- It is the best time to play cricket in Brisbane
Price: $200 - Registration Fee
+ $7 per week Umpire fees per player, if you get an Umpire (it's hit & miss)
Team nominations are dependent on numbers for each age group. We may consider merging 2 age groups pending numbers & ability. Deadline 31st March – is the ideal ‘need to know’ your intentions date. Knowing earlier, helps.
You are welcome to circulate this to friends not in the Ferny bubble. That's the wonderful thing with Winter Cricket - motley crews are the norm!
FOR GIRLS; I will update this as soon as I know further.
Winter Cricket Coordinator - Ferny Districts Cricket Club
P: 0414 840 875