Stage 1 of this project was completed in early 2015. It was seed funded by Brisbane City Council under the Lord Mayor’s Suburban Initiative Fund. We purchased a 12m container, with the cladding and fit out carried out by club volunteers.
Stage 2 of the project has now been funded by Community Gambling Benefit Fund and comprises an adjoining roofed seating area. We are currently awaiting BCC to complete some access pathway to suit Disability Law. This is now due to be completed in October 2016.
These improvements will not only provide a more visible presence at the fields and make refreshments more convenient, but will provide a significant boost to our club revenue.
A big thanks to the following organisations/businesses who are contributing:
1. BCC, Councillor Andrew Wines and Qld Government, MP Mark Furner
2. Tradesmen on Time – electrical work
3. Black and White House Raising - earthworks
4. Granzien Plumbing – trenching work
5. Cross Cranes – crane hire
6. Douglas Partners – geotechnical engineering and earthworks advice
7. Bennett and Bennett - town planning and approvals
8. Doyles Home Hardware, Mitchelton – cladding and sleeper walls
9. That Whiteboard Place - carpet wall installation
10. Kaboodle Kitchens & Bunnings – cupboards
11. Wattyl Paints & Masters Hardware - paint
12. Ascent Imagery - grounds aerial survey